splash





I have baptised myself in a new lie
That i am happy without you
I pull back the soft silk of the bed sheets
Mosaic printed
studying the wrinkles
and the stains you left
On your side of the bed
The cd plays jazz on repeat
our favourite song
dances into my eardrums
as tears burrow like
critters deeper
into my skull
I have baptised myself in a lie
strands of light are a strain to
this purple lit room
Where my flesh rots
with dirt
It has been days of mourning
Weeks of pain
Hours and minutes of loss
Clothes are strewn across
our once Canvas room
There is an echo
Of sobs i wept
A shadow stalls in the corner
glaring angrily at me
Yet dare i remove myself
From the bosom of so much pain
Dare i dual
Once more with love
and life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get over a guy who humiliates you

Top 15 ways to make money selling blog skins and Templates